Baystate Health Respiratory Therapist Full Time Nights in Springfield, Massachusetts
Respiratory Therapist Full Time Nights
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Baystate Health
Baystate Healthis an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 11,500 employees, five hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the onlyLevel 1 Trauma Centerin the region and has the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
What you will do
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures:
• Perform a variety of duties involving all aspects of Respiratory Care.
• Maintain and monitor a variety of equipment for both infants and adults.
• Obtain arterial blood gas samples, assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Perform EKG tracings and keep accurate records of all patient therapies.
These descriptions cover the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Responsible for the care and treatment of all age ranges of patients.
What will you need?
• A minimum of an associate degree from an accredited respiratory therapy education program required
• A current Respiratory Therapy Mass License.
• Certified RT required
• CPR required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
NICU and/or PEDI experience a plus
What you need to know
•Full Time position; 12 hour shifts; Nights
•Every other weekend