Lowell Community Health Center Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in Lowell, Massachusetts
The Psychiatric NP is responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, and psycho-pharmacological evaluations and treatment to clients in Behavioral Health. To perform other duties as assigned. Completion of all required documentation, including notes, to be completed per Health Center standards. Meet productivity/direct care expectations, and be explicit with what those expectations are for a full time staff.
- To evaluate the physiological, neurological, and psychopharmacological status of the program's clients.
- To prescribe and monitor psychotropic medication.
- To participate in the development of diagnostic formulations and treatment plans, as well as attendance and participation in weekly multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- To provide direct counseling therapy, when indicated.
- To participate in utilization review, peer review and quality management programs.
- To coordinate and foster collaborations with community agencies and hospitals in the care, treatment and services of patients.
- To provide supervision and consultation to other disciplines as assigned.
- To work closely with other BHS clinicians and primary care for an integrated care approach.
- Provides in-service education to staff as requested.
- Meet productivity/direct care expectations; pro-rated as per full time equivalent status.
- Participate in Supervision
Licensed Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist with three years’ experience Certified by ANCC as an Adult and/or Adolescent/Child Psychiatric Clinic Nurse Specialist Current valid and unrestricted DEA and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registrations. US Citizenship or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Flexible, w/one or two late days. Possible Saturday hours.
Job Code: 2017-2069-007
Department: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
FT/PT Status: F/T (40 hrs/wk), Benefit Eligible
Location: 161 Jackson Street, Lowell, MA