The Mentor Network Therapeutic Mentor in Dedham, Massachusetts
Therapeutic Mentor Primary Location: United States-MA-MADedham Function: Clinical Organization: Hastings Description
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking TherapeuticMentors (TM) in Dedham, MA. TMs are skilled human service professionalswho understand the impact that community activities can have on a child’s life.They provide services in the youth’s home and community. As a TherapeuticMentor, you can have an amazing impact in the quality of services for thechildren and families we support. You will also have the opportunity to integrateour services with engaging activities and ultimately help the youth we servemeet their treatment goals.
In addition, the services are designed tocomplement an existing outpatient or in-home therapy treatment plan or anexisting Intensive Care Plan for youth with Intensive Care Coordination.Children who are eligible for Therapeutic Mentoring services are required tohave Mass Health Standard or Common Health plans. Therapeutic Mentoringservices are designed to help youth achieve one or more of their existinggoals.
TMs also hold the following jobresponsibilities:
- Meet with a client base of 8-9 youth weekly throughout the Boston Metro area
- Meet expectations surrounding documentation deadlines and utilization trends
- Preparation of social skill building activities for each client
- Assist with teaching youth socially appropriate behavior while in the community
- Assist with assessing safety issues that may have an impact on the service