Anthem Health Coach - Boston (132598) Full time and Part time available in Boston, Massachusetts
/Your Talent. Our Vision./* At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will *drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Health Coach (132598) Full time and Part time Available Location: Boston, MA
This position is available in both full time and part time options and will serve as a resource and enhancement to the client wellness program. The primary areas of responsibility for this position include, but are not limited to: * Onsite health coaching to reduce employee health risks by assisting employees in identifying and understanding health risks and then coaching them through the behavioral change process to reduce their risks * Provide support to specific client wellness program initiatives * Support an integrated approach to health coaching to address multiple aspects of wellness/lifestyle needs; * May also deliver telephonic coaching sessions depending on individual’s need/preference.
Duties may also include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts behavioral assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills, and behavioral needs.
- Coordinates specific health coaching to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Implements coaching plan by using behavior change principles to identify member barriers and develop ways to overcome those barriers.
- Coordinates with the interdisciplinary team to provide feedback on member goal attainment. Monitors and evaluates the interventions and modifies.
- Deliver onsite, face-to-face lifestyle management programs and health risk reduction services sessions for individuals.
- Three years of related experience in heath coaching, exercise instruction, or patient education; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Understanding of disease management principles preferred.
- Proficiency in computer data entry and Microsoft Office; proven abilities with strong computer skills.
- Group exercise instructor experience preferred.
- Must be able to understand directions and communicate/respond to inquiries.
- High energy, self-directed person who with the ability to work cross-functionally internally and externally.
- Passion for health improvement.
- Ability to be onsite at client locations with local travel as needed.
- Some evening availability required.
- Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in providing superior client service to organizations and individuals.
- Working knowledge of wellness programming and individual engagement strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of behavior change theories and their application.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Health Coach - Boston (132598) Full time and Part time available
Requisition ID: 132598