State Street First Line Risk Consultant, Officer in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- Under general supervision, provide direction to GHRCC on elements of policies impacting the First Line of Defense
- Exercise discretion and judgment with regard to matters of significance, such as independently conducting assigned responsibilities related to policy implementation (including FLOD Policy) and execute a range of complex tasks and analyses to support the business unit and department goals
- Propose a range of solutions to complex problems to direct manager and/ or GHRCC leadership, as appropriate
- Work independently within the scope of established guidelines and practices and consult with senior staff where clarification or exception to policy may be required
- Under general supervision, act as coordinator for direct contact with Compliance, Risk, Audit, and Legal, and other internal groups
- Maintain and continuously develop knowledge around core services, process, financial markets and technologies
- Discuss and validate potential control gaps, control design and operating effectiveness issues with the appropriate owners
- Support execution and ensures quality testing output
- Prepare GHRCC for and assist with 2nd and 3rd Line reviews
- Responsible for rating risks (where applicable), validating controls with the GHRCC and evaluating control design
- Support production of management reporting
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Work in conjunction across First Line Risk as well as business partners and external parties as needed to resolve issues and ensure accuracy of accountabilities, and adherence to all policies/regulations/guidelines.
- Share responsibility for problem resolution requiring other State Street team’s input
- Cultivate effective relationships with internal business partners to successfully achieve organizational goals
- Lead execution of FLOD policies with First Line and other members of First Line Risk across the company with a primary focus on results
Continue to enhance and update industry knowledge and pursue additional expertise
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience,
- 4-6years of operational, audit or compliance experience with a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm
- Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce
- Ability to communicate in written and verbal formats to various situations and audiences
- Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations
- Demonstrated ability to convey and receive messages clearly, with impact and empathy. Translate and adapt the pitch for each audience
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions and provide counsel to ensure effective decisions are reached by employing timely, rigorous and logical analysis
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: First Line Risk Consultant, Officer
Job ID: 158244
Full/Part Time: Full FTE